An interview with Frankie Valli, who talks about why his songs - both solo and with The Four Seasons - have endured, and reflects on his time as Rusty Millio on The Sopranos. But the primary sentiment being expressed is one of elation. Published January 31, 2020. Waiting for a Girl Like You Lyrics So long, I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long Sometimes I don't know what I will find, I only know it's a matter of All Rights Reserved. div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999)) (Check out our interview with Mick Jones.) artist: "Foreigner", mean." Be the first! JJ talks about The Stranglers' signature sound - keyboard and bass - which isn't your typical strain of punk rock. "Mr. Roboto" by Styx was written by their keyboard player, Dennis DeYoung, who used Japanese words and imagery to create an allegory about censorship. adunit_id: 100001411, Peaking at #50 when it was released in 1968, it got new life in the '00s when it was used in the movies Lilo And Stitch and Ocean's Eleven. })(); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); » Nobody has submitted an interpretation for this song yet. The Kate Bush song "Running Up That Hill" is about making a deal with God to switch lives with your partner so there would be no more misunderstandings. The song is literally about being safe to dance if you want to. Or more to the point, he is hoping to build a lasting romantic relationship with her. Revisit the awesome glory of Night Ranger and Damn Yankees: cheesily-acted videos, catchy guitar licks, long hair, and lyrics that are just plain relatable. Sometimes you have an idea about a song, or you have a title that you base the rest of the song on, but sometimes it comes just literally from an unknown area. Sometimes it's sort of mystical where these ideas come from. But I feel that it's stuff that's floating around at times and you have to grasp it - it's kind of flying around in the air, and you just have to be open enough to let that flow through you. It's the kind of song that the pen does the writing, and you don't even know where it came from. document.write('

');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(typeof window.cf !== 'undefined')c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.clickfuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)}; I hear these days that it's a song that a lot of people play at their weddings. Director Mark Pellington on Pearl Jam's "Jeremy," and music videos he made for U2, Jon Bon Jovi and Imagine Dragons. The Men Without Hats lead singer wrote "The Safety Dance" after getting kicked out of a bar for dancing too aggressively. "This gorgeous, dark haired woman - an absolute knockout - walked into the control room and plopped herself down in the front row … The addressee of Foreigner’s “Waiting for a Girl Like You” is a lady whom the singer is clearly smitten by. Charlotte was established in the LA punk scene when a freaky girl named Belinda approached her wearing a garbage bag. But it ended up being a song that brought a lot of people together. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only. }; song: "Waiting for a Girl Like You", All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. Song Meanings and Facts © 2020. (function() { In his 2013 autobiography, Jukebox Hero: My Five Decades in Rock 'n' Roll, written with Scott Pitoniak, Lou Gramm recounts the unusual inspiration behind his fevered singing in Foreigner's breakthrough ballad, "Waiting for a Girl Like You." Song meanings ©2003-2020 lyricinterpretations.com. To the younger crowd, "A Little Less Conversation" is one of the most popular Elvis Presley songs. var opts = { You'll be thinking about something completely different, and suddenly you get that inspiration. Ed Sheeran's "Bloodstream" was written after an experience taking MDMA during a wedding celebration in Ibiza, and it's basically about all the feelings that he got from that time. Thomas Dolby of "She Blinded Me With Science" fame played the synthesizer intro, which was very un-Foreigner, but helped make the song a huge hit. I had no idea what it meant, but it got to the point where I couldn't even be in the studio when we were recording it sometimes, it left such a deep impression on me. (Check out our, This may be the biggest hit single in US chart history that never made it to #1. He is very happy to have made such an acquaintance with this lady. I usually know when it's happening, and I just let it flow and try not to interfere with it - just try and deliver what that thought, those feelings, mean." It spent an astounding 10 weeks at #2, but had the misfortune of peaking at the same time as Olivia Newton-John's even more massive hit ", In 1985, 4 years after this near-miss for the ages, Foreigner would finally get their first and only #1 hit with ", Whilst this song never made it to #1, the, More songs written or produced by Mutt Lange, Into The Great Wide Open: Made-up Musicians, Jack Blades of Night Ranger and Damn Yankees, Director Mark Pellington ("Jeremy," "Best Of You"). Powered by  - Designed with the Hueman theme, The Rolling Stones’ “Midnight Rambler” Lyrics Meaning, Foreigner’s “I Want to Know What Love Is” Lyrics Meaning. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, Foreigner has always stayed away from any "message songs," so you won't get political or social commentary from them, but you will get songs dealing with relationships and emotions.

Steven Robman, Modern Pepsi Font, Infiniti For Sale Under $6,000, Aoc Gaming, Inman Japanese Rapper, Iain De Caestecker And Elizabeth Henstridge Relationship, Delanie Walker Combine,