", One of those "other projects" is with black-ish creator Kenya Barris, called Girls & Boys. Porowski, who freely admits he knows very little about the editing process, films the show on his iPhone, and sends it to a production team working remotely to turn it into the show. Your email address will not be published. Food and wine expert Antoni Porowski decided to stay in Austin and started a new digital series on home cooking during the pandemic. I wasn't expecting it to come out," he says of the news that broke a month ago about the project, which is described as being loosely based on his real-life dating experience as a sexually fluid man. 30 essential albums from the last 30 years, raise awareness and funds for Feeding America, the June issue of EW, which you can order now, subscribe for more exclusive interviews and photos, Need a new quarantine hobby? I’m very physical and I have to constantly be doing something.” Seeking to be of service, he came up with the idea to film a cooking show with whatever ingredients he had on hand to benefit nonprofit hunger relief organization Feeding America. ", He doesn't know yet whether it will be a TV series or a movie — "a lot of it is TBD" — or whether he will star (he studied acting after moving to New York City). Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, I shave orange beets (red or any variety would work well here too, as long as they're very thin) and toss in a bowl with good olive oil and white balsamic vinegar (or regular, or lemon juice) and season with flaked salt and loads of fresh cracked pepper. With sharp end of a paring knife, I break apart nuggets of Parmigiano Reggiano and add to olives. And as a bonus treat, his boyfriend Kevin and their foster dog Neon both make cameos during the video. ‘ Show Me What You’re Working With’: Antoni Porowski’s Netflix mini-series about food during pandemic by Alfonso Montoya May 1, 2020, 3:00 am Antoni Porowski might just be one of the most talented and jubilant people to ever exist in this world. Antoni Porowski, food and wine expert at Emmy award-winning Netflix series Queer Eye, debuts his new limited series Show Me What You’re Working With on Netflix’s YouTube channel on April 28. In the short, 13-minute episode, Antoni demonstrates the step-by-step process firsthand for all to see. It's successful because it's about him and it's very personal and something that people can relate to because it's so specific, which kind of inspired me to kind of go into what my life has been like as a fluid man," he explains. You can Show Me What You’re Working With on Netflix’s YouTube channel. Those interested in benefiting from Antoni's cooking expertise can apply at any time. 10 Best Movies that Mix Animation and Live-Action (Netflix / Prime Video). Here's what celebs are doing at home. The episodes are only 12 minutes long, and you can even cook along with Antoni if that’s what you’re into. Pulling up his PostMates and Uber Eats accounts, he rattled off Latin American restaurant Gloria’s (which was featured on Quar Eats), the Austin location of Dallas-based pizzeria Cane Rosso (“the Honey Bastard pizza and the crispy Brussels sprouts — oh my god”), local American restaurant Rosewood (“fantastic”), grain bowl chain Cava, Poke Austin, and, perhaps surprisingly, Chinese chain P.F. This time, Porowski will be taking us to school and show us his renowned kitchen skills as he is Queer Eye‘s resident chef and food expert. COVID-19 may be putting a cramp in your social life, but that doesn't mean your culinary skills have to suffer as well. As per the press release, it is Antoni's hope that the series will "help everyone at home use what they have to make quarantine life just a little bit tastier.". Link also in my stories.". The show’s first episode helped a woman in Syracuse make something new for her husband, who is an ER physician. Butaud and Wine for the People’s new collaboration will feature wine flights and food, Austin Restaurants Offering Free Food and Discounts to Texas Voters, From free tacos and queso to discounted pizza, 18 Exciting Austin Restaurants to Check Out Right Now, Asian-Cajun seafood, Gullah Geechee and Creole dishes, and Mediterranean fare, Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth at These 12 Candy and Chocolate Shops in Austin, Where to find everything from truffles, gummies, and pecan pralines to vegan delights, Antoni Porowski of Queer Eye Makes Eggs and Sausage for a Fan. Even virtually,” said Porowski. “It forces me to be creative,” he explains. Porowski is used to helping people, as one part of the Fab 5 on the Emmy-winning Queer Eye. Porowski teased that episode two will feature Austin locals wanting to make use of a “fishy” ingredient. If you’re anxious about the virus’s spread in your community, visit the CDC or NHS 111 in the UK for up-to-date information and resources, or seek out mental health support. So he started an Instagram “show” called Quar-Eye: “one-take, unedited” videos where he cooked meals using what he could get from stores or had on hand, reinvented leftovers, and more. As a result, Netflix launches a mini-series starring Porowski himself titled Show Me What You’re Working With. Jack Monroe's Lockdown Larder Is Here To Help, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Show Me What You're Working With will see Antoni take requests from viewers for ideas of what to cook with what they have at home. "I don't really subscribe to like the traditional rules [about date night]," he admits. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. "That's what we all latched on to and I couldn't be more excited to be working on it with them. Include your name, location, some information about yourself, and what ingredients you currently have at your disposal. launch alert Super excited to share the debut of my new limited series “Show Me What You’re Working With” on @netflix socials/YouTube where I prepare a dish from your video submissions with ingredients you dunno what the hell to do with. If you think you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, which include fever, shortness of breath, and cough, call your doctor before going to get tested.

Day Tripper Solo Tab, Tempted By Danger Lifetime Movie Trailer, Half A Sixpence Meaning, Chevrolet Silverado Uk, Bryan Mark Taylor Palette,