Roy lived most of his life in Strafford. Fantastic, unheralded jazz album, and a great sounding (purportedly) all-analog reissue from the original tapes. I did listen mono version at first now and is far better than stereo. Track Roy Haynes on My JamBaseWe’ll notify you about new dates! Multi-instrumentalist Roland Kirk is the inevitable star of this pleasant 1962 outing from drummer Roy Haynes and friends, recently reissued on vinyl. Set things right in your own mind with a listen and maybe even a purchase. Attention to detail, people! RTÉ is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. Tenor Saxophone, Saxophone [Manzello, Stritch], Flute, Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, Buy Vinyl. The session was recorded in May 1962 in Rudy Van Gelder's New Jersey studios. It casts doubt on the other bit on the cover about "Original Tapes Original Sound" but hearing is believing, I guess. Year 2019 Multi-instrumentalist Roland Kirk is the inevitable star of this pleasant 1962 outing from drummer Roy Haynes and friends, recently reissued on vinyl. Sound and pressing. 2019 reissue, with sticker on the shrink wrap stating “Impulse! Roy was born August 25, 1959 in Kansas City, MO to Clyde Dean and Virginia Lorene (Hicks) Haynes. He packed his tenor sax, manzello, strich, C flute, nose flute - yes, no kidding. “If you pour some music on whatever’s wrong, it’ll sure help out.”, “Just give me one thing that I can hold on to.”. Roy Haynes Tour Dates, Concert Tickets 2019. He was a Recorded on May 16 (#A2-B2) and May 23 (#A1, B3, B4), 1962 at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. How is the quality on this release? ... Roy Haynes is famous of his interaction.with others musicians in the group. Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site. However-- WHY does it say "MONO A-23" on the cover when this is clearly the Stereo mix?? There is an endearingly buoyant reading of Bart Howard's Fly Me to the Moon and a tenderly lissome interpretation of Leo Robin and Ralph Rainger's If I Should Lose You. Energetic and straightforward. Find past 2019 Roy Haynes tour dates with the 2019 Roy Haynes Tour History on JamBase. In any case, not to worry, the horses ain't frightened. In case of good copy, easily recommended. He was a self employed automotive transmission builder and was known in the community and other areas for his ground pounding transmissions. The music is buffed and polished and nothing too wild at all - hard bop shading into post-bebop - but Kirk does, in fact, handle a mildly bewildering array of instruments. plane , unfortunately no gatefold , but with printed inner sleeve. Roy Haynes is famous of his interaction.with others musicians in the group. Their DMM is much better than in 80´s or 90´s. “If you pour some music on whatever’s wrong, it’ll sure help out.” — Levon Helm, “Just give me one thing that I can hold on to.” — John Prine. The aforementioned 'stritch', by the way, is Kirk's Buescher alto sax, while the 'manzello' was in fact a saxello with a custom-made large bell and modified key-work. I thought that behind the success of this record was Kirk. RTÉ.ie is the website of Raidió Teilifís Éireann, Ireland's National Public Service Media. Meáin Náisiúnta Seirbhíse Poiblí na hÉireann. It works fine with Reeves mastering also for audiophiles. Roy was born August 25, 1959 in Kansas City, MO to Clyde Dean and Virginia Lorene Hicks Haynes. full warm Sound, heavy Vinyl . Share your show calendar with like-minded music fans. Mastering saved much from analog tape with dynamic range and clarity. Jake Stanley - Fix up Yer Courage, Fasten Yer Smile, Pillow Queens dream a little dream on debut album, Review: Just Coolin' Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Album review: Kenny Dorham Trompeta Toccata. Haynes's own Long Wharf is another highlight and there is a charming reading of Some Other Spring. Believed by discerning aficionados to be in rather undervalued, this companionable, trouble-free recording is something of a low-key treat. Roy Haynes Strafford, Missouri Roy Dean Haynes, 59 years, passed away on June 1, 2019 at his home from natural causes. Again GZ copy was dusty and needs proper cleaning. Haynes is among the most recorded drummers in jazz, and in a career lasting more than 60 years has played in a wide range of styles ranging from swing and … Definitely the whole quartet created album with originality and intesity. Moon Ray, a tune associated with Artie Shaw who co-wrote it, opens proceedings with pleasant elasticity, a good-humored six minutes odd, followed by equally blissful tunes like Haynes' own Raoul, which, we read, features one of the few bowed bass solos on records from that early sixties period. Roy lived most of his life in Strafford. To this helped RVG with perfect transcription the range of Kirk´s instruments. Then he would, with consummate ease, shine in the company of Tommy Flanagan on piano and Henry Grimes on bass.

Adobe Name Meaning, When She Says I Don't Want To Lose You, What Channel Is The Twins Game On Tonight, Best Home Design Software, 2020 Infiniti Qx50 0-60,