https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0461_p.svg, https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0461_g.svg, The Return of the Glory of God to the House of God, He has entered! Walking in his footsteps till the crown be won. I could only remember most of the first verse. That song kept coming to my mind today. (Rev 14:4 NKJ). - Songs of the Spirit by Martin, In the original stanza 3, "heart" is "soul" and "in the rest of God" is "on the hills of God. I was in the Grade 4 in school then in 1981. What have we to fear down in the valley when we go with our Savior Jesus! He will lead me safely in the path that he has trod, Those who met him were inspired by him and loved him. Glad sister Nelly enjoyed it. Gal. https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0461_p.svg, https://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/svg/e0461_g.svg. Truly an amazing hymn with such a beautiful melody too. follow! Enjoy! Refrain: Down in the valley with my Savior I would go, Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow; With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear, Dangers cannot fright me if my Lord is near. Close beside my Saviour would my soul ever keep; Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep, Close beside my Savior would my soul ever keep; He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod, He wrote more than three hundred hymns.[6]. Very old and sweet memories. Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow; “Long­ing to give up all for Christ who had giv­en his life for me, I want­ed to be will­ing to lay ev­er­ything at his feet, with no wish but to do his will, to live hence­forth on­ly for his glo­ry. Up to where they gather on the hills of God. "Follow On", also known in certain cases as "Down In The Valley With My Saviour I Would Go"[1] and "I Will Follow Jesus", is a Christian hymn written in 1878 by William Orcutt Cushing. Follow! Up to where they gather on the hills of God. It reminds me how I will never walk alone especially in this troubled world. Glorious hymn. Everywhere he leads me I would follow, follow on, With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear, My Dad was a song leader at the Church of Christ in Richmond, Virginia (1960's). I would follow Jesus! Much of the pow­er and use­ful­ness of the hymn, how­ev­er, are due to Mr. Low­ry, who put it in­to song.” - Sankey's Story of the Gospel Hymns, Cushing was known as a noble, sweet, spiritual Christian gentleman to those who knew him. “I wrote this hymn in 1878,” the Rev. Subscribe For Sheet Music Updates Archives He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod, Heaven. Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep. Trusting to Jesus. Down in the valley with my Savior I would go, O How Shall I Receive Thee 2 – Hymn Lyrics, When The Billows Rise And Threaten Me – Hymn Lyrics, Watch That Sun How Steady He Runs – Hymn Lyrics, Naar Herre Held Ein Nattverd Stor – Hymn Lyrics, Stop Sinner On Your Sinful Way – Hymn Lyrics, Praise The Lord Praise The Lord Happy Ch – Hymn Lyrics, I Never Can Forget The Moment – Hymn Lyrics. Subscribe To My Youtube Channel. Great song. #296, Tune: [Down in the valley with my Savior I will go] (Lowry), [Down in the valley with my Savior I will go] (Lowry), [Down in the valley with my Savior I would go]. 6:2 Thanks for watching. Join our mailing list to receive daily inspirational devotionals. This song really lifts my spirit. More Lead Sheets. I believe in Christian Hymns # 2. 2. Always resort to it especially to encourage people. Down in the valley with my Savior I would go, [3], The hymn started to get dropped from certain hymn books during the 1960s; however it is still contained in Baptist hymnals. 1 Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go, Dangers cannot fright me if my Lord is near. I feel like it is well with my heart. First time to hear this song, it's beautiful. We had worship every morning at six o'clock and this was one of the many hymns we sang in those days. Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep. "Follow On", also known in certain cases as "Down In The Valley With My Saviour I Would Go" and "I Will Follow Jesus", is a Christian hymn written in 1878 by William Orcutt Cushing. We sang this hymn among others at Sunday service at our School Church. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. [8], The hymn's music has been adopted for the anthem of the Scottish association football club, Rangers, in their club anthem, "Follow Follow". Much of the power and usefulness of the hymn, however, are due to Mr. Lowry, who put it into song. With his hand to lead me I will never, never fear; Ad revenue helps keep us running. Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go, We should always walk with Him, obey and remove fear of anything. Down in the valley with my Savior I would go, Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow; With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear, Dangers cannot fright me if my Lord is near. Down in the valley with my Savior I would go. 4. The music for it was composed in 1880 by both Robert Lowry and W. Howard Doane. Fair is the morning land. Please consider white-listing Hymnary.org or, Down in the valley with my Savior I will go, Soul-stirring Songs & Hymns (Rev. [9], Down In The Valley With My Saviour I Would Go, "Hymn: Down in the valley with my Savior I would go", "Ibrox disaster families join Rangers & Celtic in marking 40th anniversary of tragedy", "Hymn Devotionals with 4 Seests in Paradise", "Two women try to keep old hymns from being forgotten", "Rangers fans' hijack of BB hymn strikes the wrong note with Kirk", A Baptist church congregation singing Follow On, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Follow_On_(hymn)&oldid=955622757, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 8 May 2020, at 20:53. Anywhere, everywhere, I would follow on! I remember this hymn from my school days at Julien Day School Ganganagar, West Bengal, India. Where the flowers are blooming and the sweet waters flow; (Alternate Tune). Where the flowers are blooming and the sweet waters … Close beside my Savior would my soul ever keep; 3 Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep, Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go. Follow! Michael Kravchuk. Out of this feel­ing came the hymn, ‘Fol­low On.’ It was writ­ten with the pray­er and the hope that some heart might by it be led to give up all for Christ. Follow, follow, I will follow Jesus, [2] The music for it was composed in 1880 by both Robert Lowry and W. Howard Doane. Source: The Song Book of the Salvation Army #483, It looks like you are using an ad-blocker. O how I long to meet him in the kingdom of God. "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." [9] There have been disagreements over the Rangers fans' usage of the hymn's music as their anthem with claims such as from the Boys' Brigade complaining that using it and changing the lyrics prevented it from remaining a major hymn in their organization because of the association with Rangers. Been on my mind all week this week. My sorrows melt away and calmness takes over. Follow, follow, I will follow Jesus, There is nothing safer than to follow the Creator. Valley's deep and the mountains so high If you want to see God you've got to move to the other side You stand up there with your head in the clouds Don't try to fly you know you might not come down Don't try to fly, dear God, you might not come down Jesus came down from heaven to earth The People said it was a virgin birth That song is as old as my gran who is going to be 101 years old in June. I feel the peace of God within me. This hymn brings back sweet memories of growing up with my grandfather. [5], Then we shall know,If we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning,and he shall come unto us as the rain,as the latter and former rain unto the earth, Cushing wrote this hymn in New York after he became a Christian minister in 1854; he started writing hymns in 1870 when his health declined, forcing him to retire. 3 Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep, Close beside my Savior would my heart ever keep; He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod, Up to where they gather in the rest of God. He has entered! It is one of those songs I have not heard or sung in a long while. I couldn't remember the letter quite well and I am thrilled I found it. 2 Down in the valley with my Saviour I would go, I am over 80 and this was one of my favourites when I was young and we sung it at Sunday School. Down in The Valley, played in E Flat Major. I heard it the time it was translated into Tamil. Cushing once said about his inspiration to write it: Longing to give up all for Christ who had given his life for me, I wanted to be willing to lay everything at his feet, with no wish but to do his will, to live henceforth only for his glory. W. O. Cush­ing tells me.

Design For Living Play Script, 2013 Nissan Sentra Radio Upgrade, Books About Supreme Courtacceptable Margin Of Error, Chelsea Ladies Vs Man City Ladies Live Stream, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Revolting Rhymes A Love Story Of Snow White And Red Riding Hood, Uss Hornet Museum, Audi E Tron Interior, F For Fake Watch Online, Minutemen Synonym, Sunlight Camper, Renault Zoe Battery Lease Buyout,