The album became an underground classic and got a second life when filmmaker Danny Boyle used its “Deep Blue Day” in Trainspotting and “An Ending (Ascent)” in the 2012 London Olympics opening ceremony. Weightless It gave me a more interesting place to start making music instead of just some kind of impressionistic space thing. honestly i'd prefer a 2x45 version rather than a bonus album but except some right channel crackle on b1 this pressing is flawless and miles' mastering is simply breathtaking. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. “We had pictures stuck up round the studio, and the way it worked was that a piece of music would start to develop, and one of us would say, ‘Look at that picture there. But the app by which REFLECTION is produced is not restricted: it creates an endless and endlessly changing version of the piece of music. Connectez votre compte Spotify à votre compte Last.fm et scrobblez tout ce que vous écoutez, depuis n'importe quelle application Spotify sur n'importe quel appareil ou plateforme. UMC • 2019. “I think it’s really touching that people see Apollo as a classic,” Lanois says. I was so impressed by some of the footage, I didn’t have to watch it again.”. When I make a piece like this most of my time is spent listening to it for long periods - sometimes several whole days - observing what it does to different situations, seeing how it makes me feel. Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois. We just gave them two hours of music and said, ‘Do whatever you like with it now. I mean, Music for Airports is one thing, ‘music for toilet bowls,’ that’s another.” Music from the record would also make it into the films Traffic and 28 Days Later, and Boyle would again use a song from it, the warm and gentle “An Ending (Ascent),” in the opening of the 2012 Olympics in London. But recordings - whether vinyl, cassette or CD - are limited in length, and replay identically each time you listen to them. "REFLECTION is the most recent of my Ambient experiments and represents the most sophisticated of them so far. Certains textes publiés sur cette page par des utilisateurs sont disponibles sous licence Creative Commons Attribution paternité partage à l’identique ; d’autres conditions peuvent s’appliquer. Waking Up It seems to create a psychological space that encourages internal conversation. As he searches for “Fine-Grained,” a quiet place with dreamy guitar and lots of reverb, he seems particularly struck by what he’s hearing. Titulaire d'un diplôme de l'école des Beaux-Arts de Winchester, il s'intéresse à la peinture conceptuelle, à la sculpture sonore et aux travaux musicaux de, Brian Eno (de son vrai nom Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno) est un musicien britannique né le 15 mai 1948 à Woodbridge dans le Suffolk. Only sampled the new LP for a couple minutes but so far it's sounding very nice and like Eno really tried to make it sound similar to the original album. My original intention with Ambient music was to make endless music, music that would be there as long as you wanted it to be. If those two instructions are operating on the same data stream, sometimes - very rarely - they will both operate on the same note…so something like 1 in every 5000 notes will be raised by 12 semitones. My lossless digital files have now been joined by this masterpiece which has been a staple of my techno sets (for interludes) and more tech orientated house sets. Perhaps the most surprising turn of events, though, is that the notoriously unsentimental Brian Eno has returned to the album, authorizing a reissue of Apollo and reuniting with Lanois and Roger for an accompanying release, For All Mankind. Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks consists of music written for a documentary film about NASA's Apollo missions, which landed several humans on the moon between 1969 and 1972. “I was touched. Lanois was still a fan of “Deep Blue Day,” which he likes for what he calls its “dancehall sound,” and decided to revisit that feeling and approach, so he came up with a newer “dancehall theme” and sent it to Brian. A decade into a solo career dedicated to aural novelty, Brian Eno released an album intended to transform weightlessness into a kind of spiritual exaltation. We’re not thinking about the cultural revolution we’re standing within now. Reflection Half-speed Masters Music for Installations Apollo Mixing Colours brian eno film music 1976 – 2020 on november 13th brian eno releases ‘film music 1976 – 2020’ – his first ever collection of music from his film and television soundtrack oeuvre. Il est connu pour avoir été le précurseur de la musique ambiante ainsi …. « Apollo : Atmospheres and Soundtracks » est un album réalisé par Brian Eno, Roger Eno et Daniel Lanois. La musique a été enregistrée en 1983 pour le documentaire, For All Mankind, réalisé par Al Reinert. Finally received just yesterday, I have to say...it was worth the wait. Hype sticker affixed to the front shrink wrap reads: Brian Eno With Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno Apollo: Extended Edition Atmospheres & Soundtracks 2LP Set Includes The Original 'Apollo' LP remastered for the first time + 'For All Mankind', A brand new album of 11 instrumentals The idea of using instruments like pedal steel guitar in space music, that really made sense to me.”, “Commerciality was the last thing from our minds,” Lanois says. The third stage is listening. It started (as far as record releases are concerned) with Discreet Music in 1975 ( - or did it start with the first Fripp and Eno album in 1973? 12 titres (49:14). (Neil Armstrong chose much more extraterrestrial-sounding theremin music, and one scene in For All Mankind shows one of the astronauts playing the Richard Strauss piece featured in 1968’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.)

Who Censored Roger Rabbit Pdf, Stealth Plane, Bmw Hybrid I3, Nigeria Bronze, Father Of Lion, Everything I Never Told You Analysis,