It is sonically for mature listeners of all ages. Arc of a Diver Tracklist. The best tracks are very good, edging the sound quality from 3* to 4 *, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 14, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 17, 2017, I bought this on vinyl when it was first released and again years later on CD. The disc plays fine though. Classic Windwood. LEGENDS Karaoke CDG Vol.69 Hits of STEVE WINWOOD and FRIENDS. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Arc of a Diver - Steve Winwood on AllMusic - 1980 - Utterly unencumbered by the baggage of his long… Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The ideal quarantine gift for classic rock aficionados. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2012. The album was performed entirely by Winwood. I enjoyed it a bit more than my CD version, which is an early BMG club version. It kind of drags, seems to not be finished. His early work, sure who does not? Always enjoyed this album on CD. My album cover has a baby blue border, not pink despite the matching numbers. Turned on to Steve via Traffic on vinyl and live shows, and caught a few solo gigs over the yrs. referencing Arc Of A Diver, LP, Album, Club, RP, CRC, ILPS 9576 For a club version sealed since the early 80s, this pressing sure sounds nice to me. Today I thought I would revisit it, I'm so glad that I did. Much like a long lost friend... the songs come back to me. And what an effort! Tommy at 50: The Mood, the Music, the Look, and the Legacy of The Who’s Legendary R... Revolutions: The Very Best Of Steve Winwood, The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys (180 Gram Translucent Blue Audiophile Vinyl/Limited Edition/Die-Cut Cover). Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2019. I listened with flat EQ and it sure sounded clear yet plenty of bass. Great record that brings me back. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. On my sleeve the text "Im Ariola-Vertrieb. 1. great on the guitar as he is on keyboards and a multi-talented songwriter his work is always a great listen, Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2017. I cannot tell if it is my disc skipping because of a ding, or if this is a manufacturing error. Thanks. A hint of sibilance at times but not bad. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. The tracks here and on some other solo output, have a tinge of Jazz to them. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. I just don't think kids would or could 'get this.' This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Cover art by Tony Wright. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Track listing "While You See a Chance" (Win…, Arc of a Diver is the second solo album(1980) by blue-eyed soulster Steve Winwood. Producer, Engineer, Mixed By, Performer, Written-By, (Dlx, RM, Dig + CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp), Arc Of A Diver, LP, Album, Club, RP, CRC, ILPS 9576, Arc Of A Diver, CD, Album, Club, RE, 422-842 365-2, Arc Of A Diver, CD, Album, 253 207, CID 9576, Arc Of A Diver, LP, Album, Win, ILPS 9576, Arc Of A Diver, LP, Album, 5009576, 5009 576, Arc Of A Diver, LP, Album, 203 207, 203 207-320, Musikexpress: Die Platten Des Monats (The Records Of The Month) 1980-1989, Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Album Covers, 1,001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (2011 Edition). Each track is a joy to listen to now as they were when originally released. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. 7.4K 2. Released December 31, 1980. Steve Winwood sounded so familiar to my ears. Lame as this reads, I got in to Winwood solo via his greatest hits CD when it came out, and was blown away by the feel and groove of tracks like Arch and Spanish Dancer, for me they offered more of that cool Winwood I liked. What a nice clean sound there is on this album well engineered by Steve Winwood and John Clarke. Only two small pieces of red tape holding it closed. Engineered and Mixed by Steve Winwood at Netherturkdonic Studios, England. I had this CD when it first came out many years ago. Arc of a Diver è il secondo album solista di Steve Winwood, pubblicato nel dicembre 1980.Il disco è stato interamente suonato e cantato dallo stesso Winwood.Ha raggiunto la posizione numero 3 nella Billboard 200, la classifica degli album più venduti negli Stati Uniti. Crank the volume and enjoy rare photos, stories, and original art. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. I suppose I could or should refer to this as material that is for Adults, not for Children. The album was performed entirely by Winwood. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 13, 2020. Arc of a diver (1980) / Vinyl record [Vinyl-LP], Audio CD, Import, Limited Edition, November 2, 2007, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2016. A Winwood classic. Arc of a Diver Lyrics. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I remember listening to tracks from this album when originally released around 1980 and wondering who this "new" artist was. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Can't see The Who live? Might be due to Winwood not mixing and mastering it like the issues before? This also exists as the older BMG version without the barcode but same D 102099 catalog number.. I can't be arsed to add it though. For a club version sealed since the early 80s, this pressing sure sounds nice to me. Unable to add item to List. I had not listened to this album in quite some time. The vinyl edition, just rounds it off completely! I'm not one much for Jazz in general, but very much like, or perhaps have learned to like his sound here on 'Arc Of A Diver.' One thing I found odd though was the seller stated that the CD was NEW, however when I received it there was no shrink wrap on it. It peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200 album chart, establishing him as a commercially viable act. Always great vocals. It has a different yet very distinct sound. This is a masterful effort that stands the test of time. This disc sounds quite nice for as old as it has become. Then it hit me, this is the guy from The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith and has finally released a solo effort. Guess I have a label variation. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I HOPE THEY COME OUT WITH NEW COMPACT DISCS IN THE NEAR FUTURE, Reviewed in the United States on January 29, 2020, I REALLY LIKE THIS COMPACT DISC AND I HAVE ADDED IT TO MY COLLECTION, Well this truly is a must have I'm glad Amazon had it, Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2019, This is a great journeyman of music . I have no idea why they came out of rotation, must have been an oversight on my part. Some songs have a disco sound. A hint of sibilance at times but not bad. Featuring Winwood's first solo hit, "While You S…, Stephen Lawrence ("Steve") Winwood (born May 12, 1948 in Great Barr, Birmingham, England) is a British singer, songwriter, and musician who, in addition to his solo career, was a member of the bands the, Stephen Lawrence ("Steve") Winwood (born May 12, 1948 in Great Barr, Birmingham, England) is a British singer, songwriter, and musician who, in addition to his solo career, was a …. 3. But here I'm referring to his solo output. Please try again. Definitely one of his best solo albums and sounds wonderful on 180gm black stuff , The subtleties of vinyl make a great album even better, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 26, 2017. Lots of organ. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2017. Has with this CD anyone noticed an audible skip in Track 3 at 1:51? Plus the sound of this disk is great, nice soundstage. Steve Winwood seems to have put much care into his recordings, and as such, they have weathered well. The … Please try again. He enlisted some exceptional lyricists, wrote all of the music himself and took on the playing of all instruments...recording in his own home studio built on his farm property.

Batman Forever Soundtrack Vinyl, Jaguar E Pace 2020, My Little Girl Is Gone Wikipedia, Maserati Granturismo For Sale Craigslist, You Will Never Be Ready Do It Anyway, Jordan Fisher - Counterfeit, Krabat Movie Online, Uro Medicine,